Terms and Conditions
The Money Transfer, Payment and Foreign Exchange Service (collectively “Services”) offered by Unimoni Exchange LLC, Qatar through its network of authorized agents, branches, associates, online platform, correspondence banks, direct partnership, service providersand assigns, (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Unimoni”) shall be governed by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). Matters not set forth in these Terms shall be governed by the applicable laws and regulations and the prevailing business practices.
Any customer availing/participating in the Service including those who is registered with us but has not availed any of the services shall be deemed to have read, understood and accepted and agreed to abide and be bound by these terms and conditions. These Terms shall be in addition to and not in derogation of other applicable Terms and Conditions as stipulated by Unimoni from time to time. The Terms are applicable to all customers registered andtransacting with Unimoni (“Customer/s”) irrespective of any special conditions agreed by the Customer in relation to any specific service/s and or product/s and shall be read in conjunction with Unimoni policies and procedures.
I. GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Limitation of Liability & Indemnity: (a) Unimoni shall not be liable to the Customer for anyloss or damage incurred or suffered due to any non-acceptance, rejection, delay or non-processing, however arising or described and whatever the legal basis of the liability in connection with Unimoni’s provision of the Services, unless the loss was caused by fraud, gross negligence or willful misconduct on Unimoni’s part. Unimoni shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or loss of profit whether or not they were foreseeable. (b) Unimoni shall not be responsible for any loss Customer may suffer or incur in connection with any act or omission of a payment intermediary. (c) The Customer shall indemnify Unimoni and its affiliates on demand against any and all losses that Unimoni and/or its affiliates may incur or otherwise suffer in connection with the Service, except to the extent, with respect to Unimoni or any affiliate, the losses resulted from fraud, gross negligence or willful misconduct on its part.
Notwithstanding the above provision, Unimoni’s total liability in each instance shall not exceed the amount equal to the sum of the Transfer Funds received from the Customer upon Unimoni’s acceptance of the Service Request.
2. Force Majeure: Unimoni may suspend or terminate the execution of the Services as a result of any force majeure event, including, without limitation: (a) change in any regulation or in the interpretation or enforcement of any regulation; (b) act, order or request of any authority; (c) restriction or impending restriction on the availability, convertibility, credit or transferability of any currency; (d) failure or default of any payment intermediary; (e) malfunction of a computer system; (f) failure or default of a service provider to Unimoni; (g) any failure in the transmission of, or miscommunication with respect to, the Customer instruction; or (h) any other event beyond Unimoni’s reasonable control. The Customer shall bear the risk of such delay and losses relating to a force majeure event.
3. Amendments & Modifications: Unimoni in its sole discretion may modify this agreement from time to time without any prior notice, unless otherwise specified by Unimoni, all changes shall take effect automatically and become part of this agreement and be binding on the customer beginning on the day they are posted on the website. Continued use of the Services after such amendment will constitute acknowledgment and acceptance from the Customer. Customer’s use of the service shall not violate this T&C or any rules and regulations, including but not limited to rules and regulations relating to money laundering, illegal gambling activities, fraud, or funding of terrorist organizations.
4. Withdrawal/Suspension of Services: Unimoni may refrain providing service to any customer / beneficiary owing to Unimoni’ s internal policies or for any other reason such as amendments/modifications of applicable laws or as directed by the regulator or as a matter of modification of its internal policies or where it has sufficient reason to believe that the business of the Customer may be detrimental to the business interest and/or reputation of Unimoni or it has reason to believe that the funds are being used for / from any illegal, money laundering, virtual assets or other unlawful purposes, or are directed towards or for the direct or indirect benefit of any blacklisted or sanctioned individual/company/country, countries listed on the Non-Cooperative Countries and Territories (NCCT) list to facilitate any remittances intended for money laundering or terrorist funding. Unimoni reserves the right to withdraw services at any time without prior intimation to the Customer.
5. No Waiver of Rights: A failure or delay in exercising any right, power or privilege in respect of these Terms and Conditions will not be presumed to operate as a waiver, and a single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege will not be presumed to preclude any subsequent or further exercise, of that right, power or privilege or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege. The rights and remedies herein provided are cumulative and not exclusive of any rights or remedies provided by law.
6. Severability:If any provision or condition of these Terms and Conditions shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable by reason of any law, rule, administrative order or judicial decision by any court, or regulatory or self-regulatory agency or body, such invalidity or unenforceability shall attach only to such provision or condition. The validity of the remaining provisions and conditions shall not be affected thereby and these Terms and Conditions shall be carried out as if any such invalid or unenforceable provision or condition was not contained herein.
7. Binding Nature:These Terms and Conditions create legally binding obligations on the Customer that do not contravene other contractual or legal obligations of the Customer.
8. Governing Law & Jurisdiction:These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Qatar. Any claim or dispute, arising from the relationship between Unimoni and its Customer or otherwise shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the civil courts of the State of Qatar. Practicing this right shall not prejudice Unimoni’s general right to take proceedings where necessary before any court whatsoever.
9. Customer responsibility to enquiries: The Customer is bound to provide any information requested by Unimoni before or after the funds have been credited to the beneficiary’s account. In case the information provided by the Customer is delayed and as a result, the funds are held or delayed by the banks or remittance is withheld or blocked by a beneficiary or intermediary bank or by Unimoni because of the internal policy of Unimoni and/ or international and national financial regulations or sanctions, Unimoni shall not be held accountable for any losses incurred by the Customer.
10. Authority to Unimoni:The Customer irrevocably and unconditionally authorizes Unimoni to respond, at its sole discretion, to any and all enquiries received from regulatory authorities, any other banks and or partners (including, without limitation, bank references), concerning any and all accounts of the Customer with Unimoni, without reference to the Customer and to share the information in accordance with “clause I point (11)” of the Terms as contained hereof for the purpose of responding to any such enquiries/investigation of the banks and or partners.
11. Information Disclosure:By continuing with the transaction and providing acknowledgement and consent for data collection on the transaction form, the Customer and, where applicable, for and on behalf of each of the directors, authorized persons, officers, representatives and members (or partners in the case of a partnership) of the Customer (collectively “such individuals”)) agrees and acknowledges that the Customer’s data, the personal data of such individuals and all other details and information relating to the application, the transfer and any transactions or dealings between the Customer or such individuals with Unimoni may be used, held or processed by Unimoni or, where Unimoni considers necessary or appropriate, disclose, transfer or exchange (including cross-border transfer) to or with any members of Unimoni, any third party service providers, any correspondent or agent banks or third party financial institutions, any payees or authorities for the purpose of or in connection with this application, this transfer or the provision of services to the Customer and as required by regulation.
Unimoni will hold and retain the information provided by the Customer related to any other person and/or entity including Beneficiary details in order to execute the transaction. Prior to providing this information, the Customer is obliged to notify and secure authorization from the other person on use of this information. The information disclosed pursuant to this clause may be subject to further disclosure by the recipient to other parties in accordance with the laws of the country in which the Beneficiary is located. Such laws may be wider in scope and implemented under less restrictive terms than would otherwise be the case in Qatar due to the difference in applicable laws and regulations.
12. Correctness of information: Unimoni shall not be held accountable for any wrong information and / or documents provided by the Customer. It shall be the sole responsibility of the Customer to verify the correctness and accuracy of the beneficiary and other informationprovided before the confirmation of the transaction.The individual/ corporate customer acknowledges that Unimoni shall not be held accountable for losses of instructions issued or purported to have been issued by the individual/ corporate customer.
13. Third Party Facilities:Unimoni uses the service of third parties and makes no warranty on behalf of such third parties. Unimoni will not be liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred of transactions or dealings between registered users and such third-party providers.
14. Disclaimer:The customer expressly understands and agree that the service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. (a) Unimoni expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, delivery of the services on time and non-infringement; (b) Unimoni makes no warranties or representations that (i) the service will meet customer’s requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material obtained through the service will meet expectations, and (c) the use of the service is done at Customer’s own discretion and risk and (d) no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by the customer from Unimoni or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
15. Sub-contract/Outsourcing: Unimoni shall have the right to outsource or sub-contract any part of the Services to such third party on such terms as Unimoni deem fit in its sole discretion and within the ambit of the Laws of Qatar. However, the Customers shall not be entitled to transfer or assign any of his rights and obligations hereunder.
16. Corrections and Complaints: Unimoni is committed to always provide Customer with best service. In the unlikely event that the Customer is dissatisfied with our service or response, the Customer can contact Customer Care team, Tel: 44365252 or send an email at: email@example.com. Unimoni will deal with such complaints promptly and fairly.
In these terms, except where a different interpretation is necessary in the context, the words and expressions set out herein shall have the following meanings:
1. Unimoni Exchange LLC (Unimoni):Refers to “Unimoni Exchange LLC”, a company organized and existing under the laws of the State of Qatar, with registered office at PO Box No: 31645, Qatar, providing remittance and foreign currency exchange facilities to the customers through its network branches and remittance facility through online platform using international banking channels, remittance partners, service providers and correspondence banking networks.The term “Unimoni” where “collectively” (specifically mentioned) is used, refers to Unimoni Exchange LLC, its network of branches, associates, correspondence banks, direct partnership, service providers and assigns.
2. Online platform (Online application): Online platform or online application is the online web/ application-based service on which the Customer may request the delivery of the Instruction/ Transaction to the beneficiary.
3. Customer: Refers to any individual (i.e. who holds either a valid passport; or Civil ID issued by the State of Qatar for citizens or residents; or any other identification document that is approved and acceptable by the competent authorities in Qatar)firm, establishment or company registered under the Commercial Companies Law in Qatar, who have registered with Unimoni irrespective of whether he/ she has availed any Product/s and/or Service/s offered by Unimoni through its service provider branches or through online platform. Unimoni will endeavour to effect delivery of Services subject to confirmation of Individual Registration/Corporate Registration as per the internal policies and procedures of Unimoni. All Customer registrations has to be in the same name as mentioned on the submitted documents.
4. Individual Registration: Refers to submission of the Individual Registration which is affected by facilitating either of the following documents along with basic details of the individual generally referred to as KYC (Know Your Customer): (i) a valid passport; or (ii) a valid Civil ID issued by the State of Qatar for citizens or residents; or (iii) any other identification document that is approved and acceptable by the Qatar Central Bank.
5. Registration of minor:Minor refers to an individual below the age of 18 years. Such individuals must be accompanied by his parents / Legal Guardian at the time of registration and/ or for availing the services offered through the service provider branches of Unimoni. A minor is not permitted to register or avail services offered through the online platform of Unimoni.
6. Corporate Registration: Refers to submission of the Corporate Registration which is effected by facilitating either of the following documents along with basic details of the corporate and individuals representing the corporate, generally referred to as KYC (Know Your Customer): (i) a valid Trade License; or (ii) Certificate of Incorporation / Registration; (iii)or any other instrument that has the same effect, issued by the competent authority of the State of Qatar. Corporate is not permitted to register or avail services offered through the online platform of Unimoni.
7. Activation of Registration:The Registration with UNIMONI can only be activated based on compliance and KYC norms as per the Qatar Central Bank Regulations. Upon successful registration, the customer is assigned a unique specific Registration Numberwhich is mandatory for availing financial service/s and product/s of Unimoni.
8. Beneficiary: The word “beneficiary” refers to the person/ corporate that the customer designates to receive the funds from the Transaction/ Instruction.
9. Ultimate Beneficial owner (UBO): Represents the ultimate owner of the fund in whose benefit/ favor the money is remitted or currency is exchanged through Unimoni. The UBO could be an individual or corporate who is registered with Unimoni as defined under “customer”.
10. Authorized Representative:An individual who is representing a UBO as defined above and has registered with Unimoni as defined under “customer”.
11. Transaction/ instructions: Transaction/ instructions refer to the payment of funds that the registered user request for and authorize to process and deliver to the beneficiary through various services and products offered by Unimoni (collectively). This also includes exchange of foreign currency by the customer or authorized representative on behalf of the UBO through the network branches of Unimoni.
12. Third party transaction: A transaction done in favour of a UBO is called third party transaction. Registration of both UBO and the authorized representative are mandatory to do a transaction or to avail any service from Unimoni.
13. Authorization letter:A document issued by the UBO to authorize an individual to act as an authorized representative, to do transaction on behalf of the UBO.
14. Nature of Business:Refers to the activity carried out by the Corporate Customer and may vary from trading, import & export, manufacturing, services, etc.
III. CUSTOMER REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
An individual, firm, establishment, or company could register with Unimoni Exchange LLC, Qatar, as follows:
A. Individual Customer Registration:Refers to the registration of an individual with Unimoni whereby the personal details of the individual generally termed as KYC (Know your customer) are collected and maintained permanently.The individual must have at least 18 years of age on the date of registration (i.e., the individual can enter legally binding contracts under the applicable Laws of Qatar) and must be physically present within Qatar, to register and avail the products/s and/ or service/s offered through our service provider branches or through online platform. Registration is a precondition to avail the Product/s and/or Service/s offered by Unimoni and to have full access to its online platform. The act of registration and availing of product or services meanthat the customer accepts and is bound by this agreement.
1. KYC Details required for registration: Customer full name as per valid ID, ID details and copy of the valid ID, nationality, address, mob/ tel. no., profession/ occupation, employer/ professional/ business details, source of fund details, etc.
2. Valid IDs: As per the instructions from Qatar Central Bank, following IDs are valid for registration and for doing transactions: – Qatar Nationals – National ID, Other nationalities having valid resident visa – QID, Nationalities of other GCC countries – Valid GCC ID, Others including visitors – Passport with valid visa, Sailors & seamen – Seamen pass (valid for 24 hours from the date of issue), Ship cruise members – Cruise ID (valid for 24 hours from the date of issue), Diplomats and ambassadors – Diplomatic ID. Any addition to the aforesaid list of IDs may be accepted subject to regulatory instructions.
3. Expiry of valid IDs: Once the valid QID is expired, a grace period of 3 months will be available from the date of expiry of the QID, to the customer to do transactions. The customer must submit a new valid QID within this period, to continue with the services.
4. Registration through Branches:
4.1. High level process: Submission of KYC details with customer signature>Necessary Compliance Screening / checks>Approval>Activation.
4.2. Registration is completed by both submission of the copy of the valid IDs and customer signature on the registration document directly to any of the Unimoni exchange branch along with the “Clause III (A) point 1”above. Both customer presence and submission of original ID valid under Qatar Laws, for customer verification purpose are must for the successful registration of the individual. Customer will get a system generated 16-digitregistration number (Unique Identification Number). The customer can refer this number for all future transactions, enquiries, and other services.
4.3. Minor: Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by the parent during the registration process.
5. Registration through OnlinePlatform: Registration through online platform (web/ mobile applications) and various web-based services are available only for individuals attained the age of 18 years, residing in Qatar and are physically present within the State of Qatar. In addition,only users with valid Resident ID & National ID can avail our services through online platform.
5.1. High Level Process: Online submission of E-KYC details> Compliance check>Approval>Activation
5.2. Customers who are new to Unimoni Exchange LLCmust opt for registration through E-KYC window and to completeand submit the E-KYC details as per “ClauseIII (A) 5.4”.
5.3. Existing customers of Unimoni can enter the Online Applicationwith their valid ID along with registered mobile number. In case any of the KYC information need to be updated or incomplete, same will be highlighted in online application and need to be filled up.
5.4. E-KYC: Customer full name as per valid ID, ID details,Nationality,Address, Mobile / Tel. no., Profession/ Occupation, Employer/ Professional/ Business details, etc. Valid QID (only Resident ID & National ID holders can use our online application other customers can use our branch facilities)of the customer shall be scanned and uploaded to the online applicationafter inputtingthe KYC details. Further, customer shall be requested to upload a live self-video not exceeding 3 seconds which should ensure the clear visibility of both the face of the individual and the Valid ID held by him (eyes must be blinking). After updating the e-KYC details, customer shall have to input his signature electronically on the application and submit the details for verification.Currently e-KYC facility is available exclusive through mobile app only.
5.5. Both existing and new Customers have to mandatorily register with a valid mobile number and e-mail ID and these would be the basis of communication for all future purposes. These mobile number and e-mail ID could be changed subsequently only by following the security and identification process defined for the purpose or by providing an in-person request via branch.
5.6. Customer will get an SMS on the registered mobile number, from the Unimoni as a token of online submission of registration request.
5.7. On successful back-end verification of the electronically submitted data, one time password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
5.8. Login credentials are required to logon to the online application and to do transactions. The customer will be responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of thelogincredentials to avoid any unauthorized use.
5.9. The customer agrees to log out from his or her account at the end of each session.
5.10. The customer will have to immediately notify Unimoni via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by registered post to Unimoni Exchange LLC, P.O.Box 31645, Doha, Qatar concerning any suspected loss, theft, unauthorized usage of the customer number or login credentials, any other breach of security, or any receipt by the customer of confirmation of a transaction, fund or other activity which the customer did not authorize; or any inaccurate information in the Customer’s account balances or transaction history.
5.11. If the customer forgets his /her customer number or login credentials, the customer can use the “forgot password option” given next to the login link. Unimoni, subject to verification and to its satisfaction as to the customer’s identity, shall send the registered customer number with one time password.
B. Corporate Customer Registration:Refers to the registration of a corporate (company, firm, or establishment) with Unimoni Exchange LLC.
1. High Level Process: Submission of signed corporate booklet along with relevant documents> Compliance screening / check> Approval> Activation.
2. KYC Details required: Corporate details viz. name of the corporate as per the valid commercial registration, details of the ultimate beneficial owners/partners/ directors, share holding pattern,commercial registration detail, nature and volume of business,country(s) in which the corporate is doing business, expected transaction volume and count, type of transactions – remittance/ foreign currency, bank details (if required), details of authorized signatories (i.e. a person who is legally authorized on behalf of the corporate) along with designation and details of representative(s) who is authorized to do transaction on behalf of the corporate, address of the registered office, registered telephone number and PO box, other contact details and such other details, which may from time to time, required to be collected to comply with the Laws of Qatar, generally termed as KYC (Know Your Customer) are to be shared with Unimoni for registering the corporate. In case the corporate has another company as one of its shareholders or affiliates, trade license and ownership details of that company would also be shared.
3. Documents required: Copies of the commercial registration, trade license, certificate of Incorporation or any other document that has the same effect, issued by the competent authority for the state of Qatar, computer card, valid IDs of the members/ partners, valid registration details along with the details of the members/ partners of the investor company and valid IDs of the authorized signatories and representatives. In addition, based on the situation, Unimoni Exchange LLC, may require additional documents to ensure compliance with Qatar Laws. During document submission, original documents will be verified, and copies will be taken.
4. Corporate booklet: Corporate details would be collected in the corporate booklet issued by Unimoni Exchange LLC and one among the authorized signatory who is holding at least 20% or above of the share capital need to sign the corporate booklet.In case, the authorized signatory is different from the owner/ partner/ director of the company, the corporate customer has to provide a memorandum or power of attorney in the name of the person whom they designate to carry out the instructions to process the transactions with Unimoni Exchange LLC. Further, all the shareholders of the corporate have to sign against their names entered in the corporate booklet. The booklet will be counter signed by the designated officer of Unimoni Exchange LLC with seal and date.
5. Letter of representation: This Letter carries the list of person/s (i.e. representatives), their ID details, specimen signature as approved by the authorized signatory of the Corporate Customer to carry out instructions of the Corporate Customer to Unimoni, for processing their transactions and to affix their signature on the transaction vouchers. Any changes in the details of the representative shall be intimated in writing by Corporate Customer to Unimoni. The representative shall only act as the representative to carry instructions and sign the transaction vouchers on behalf of the Corporate Customer.
6. Letter of Authorization: This Letter is an authorization issued by the Corporate Customer to authorize Unimoni to carry out transaction requests of the Corporate Customer. Both letter of representation and authorization are part of the corporate booklet and need to be signed by the authorized signatory.
7. Confirmation of registration: The corporate registration would be confirmed subject to the successful submission of the corporate booklet with all relevant details along with the copies of the required documents and the verification and approval of the same by Unimoni Exchange LLC.Once the registration is completed successfully, a system generated 16-digitcustomer registration number(unique identification number) will be given to the corporate. This number would be quoted for all future transactions or services. Transactions could be done only after enabling the registration.
8. Expiry of the valid IDs: Once the valid ID of the corporateis expired, a new valid ID to be submitted for continuing with the transactions or services.
9. Denial of registration: Unimoni Exchange LLC has the sole right to deny the individual/ corporate customer registration (new/ existing) on various grounds which may vary from noncompliance to its internal policies or regulatory requirements, etc. Such decision would be conclusive and at the sole discretion of the company and would be binding on the customer.
IV. TRANSACTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Unimoni Exchange LLC offers remittance and foreign currency exchange facilities
A. Remittance transactions:Unimoni offers remittancefacility to the customers through direct partnership and service providers. Unimoni offers competitive rates for remittance products.Unimoni shall not remit funds to any charity, trust or other charitable causes, any fictitious name or entity on behalf of the Customer. Supporting documents such as bank statement, salary certificate, invoice copies, bill of lading and other relevant documents shall be provided by the Customer for during transaction request.
1. Branch based Transaction: An individual can do transactions under cash/ debit card/ cheque mode, by approaching any of our branches and giving the details mentioned in Clause IV(A) point4Cheque transactions (drawn in favor of Unimoni Exchange LLC) are processed subject to the clearance of cheque by the bank concerned, which may cause delay in processing the transaction.
1.1. High Level Process:Give customer valid ID / mobile no.> Give transaction details> Submission of transaction> Compliance check> Transaction processing> credit confirmation.
2. Online application-based transactions: The individual customer who are validly registered with the online platform as mentioned in the registration “Clause III(A) point5 to 5.6” andwho are physically within the State of Qatar, can do the transactions through the Online application. Currently only remittance transactions are permitted in our onlineapplications. The customer must input the details as per Clause IV (A)point 4 in the web/ mobile application and submit the same. To impart added security, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of the customer which should be inputted to complete the remittance instruction. Transaction amount and commission need to be paid through debit card of the customer.
2.1. Process: login> Input transaction details> Submission of transaction> Compliance check> Transaction processing>Credit confirmation.
3. The customer is fully responsible and liable for all transactions and activities that occur under the customer number and login credentials including any unauthorized use or misuse of the customer number and/or logincredentials. Unimoni shall have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any such transaction or activity. In consideration of Unimoni agreeing to provide the facilities as per the Terms and Conditions, the customer hereby agrees unconditionally to indemnify Unimoni and hold Unimoni harmless against any liability, costs, damages, claims, suits, and proceedings based upon or relating to such unauthorized access and use.
4. Details required: The customer shall have to fill in beneficiary name, relationship with the beneficiary, beneficiary bank, account number/ IBAN/ IFSC code, destination country, amount to be sent, pay out currency, purpose of transaction, source of fundand relationship with the beneficiary. Customer is requested to submit the proof for source of fund e.g., bank statement, bank withdrawal slip, etc. Adding beneficiaries online via mobile / Web application shall be subject to compliance verification and approval.
5. Restriction on transaction amount: Unimoni may, in its sole discretion, refuse any transaction or limit the amount to be transferred, either on a per transaction basis or on an aggregated basis. Unimoni reserves the right at any time and from time to time, to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. The restriction may be applied to the transactions done through the network branches and/ or online platform.
6. Paymentthrough debit card: We do not accept third party debit card i.e., the card does not belong to the customer, for doing transactions at our branches or through our web/ mobile applications. Also, the debit card should be issued by a bank based in Qatar. Unimoni reserves the right not to process your transaction in the cases of exception.
7. Payment by cash: In case cash is tendered as preferred payment option for a transaction, the source of funds (e.g., bank statement) shall be provided at the time of processing the transaction.
8. Third party transaction: Third party transaction refers to a transaction done by an individual customer on behalf of another individual customer (UBO). To do a third-party transaction, both the UBO and the representative should be registered with Unimoni Exchange LLC.
8.1. Registration: If the UBO/ authorized representative was not registered, then he/ she need to physically visit the branch for registering with Unimoni Exchange LLC.
8.2. Authorization letter: The customer who is representing the UBO should submit an authorization letter in the prescribed form, permitting him to do transaction on behalf of the UBO. The letter should contain details viz. name and customer registration number of the UBO, Name and Valid ID no. of the representative, transaction amount, beneficiary details and details of beneficiary bank, IBAN/ IFSC code. The letter should be signed as per valid ID by both UBO and representative. The prescribed form is available at all our branches.
8.3. Restriction: No third-party transaction is permitted through our online platform.
8.4. Restriction on card transactions: The authorized representatives can do transactions only under cash mode/ cheque mode. No debit card transactions are permitted for third party transactions.
8.5. Customer name used: Transaction will be done in the name of the UBOand as per the regulatory instruction, representative name shall also be captured in the transaction details.
9. Affidavit for remittancetransactions: For individual transactions, the customer shall have to sign and submit an affidavit for high volume remittance provided the transaction volume exceeds the prescribed limit. For remittance transaction the limit is QAR 11,000.This is applicable to all the transactions done through the branches which meet the criteria, and the affidavit is available at all Unimoni Exchange LLC branches. Contents of the affidavit are customer name, customer registration number, valid ID details, transaction amount, source, and purpose along with the statement regarding the legality of the money used for the transaction.
10. Transaction processing: The remittance instruction given by the customer through the network branches or online platform will be processed and credited to the bank account or paid to the beneficiary subject to completion of various layers of compliance check at the appropriate levels which include the requirements as per the regulators of both sending and receiving countries, regulatory bodies and the internal policy of Unimoni (collectively).Where the transaction amount is paid through cheque, transaction will be processed only after the successful confirmation of the payment by customer’s bank. This may cause delay in processing the transaction.
11. Delivery of funds: The transaction amount shall be credited to a bank account or paid/ delivered to the beneficiary as chosen by the customer from the delivery options available with the destination country. Delivery options generally include (i) cash pick up: The beneficiary has to collect the payout amount from the agent location (ii) Account credit: Banking channel, (iii) Mobile Wallet Credit.It may take 1-3 working days to deliver the fund to the beneficiary/ bank account depending on the delivery option selected, region, designated bank opted by the Customer and the compliance check at the sending and receiving countries. The delivery option selected cannot be changed after the customer has completed the remittance instruction from online platform or in the case of walk-in customers, after the transaction being transmitted by Unimoni. For cash pick up option, fund shall not be disbursed to the beneficiary unless he/ she presents the specified information required to verify the identity. The customer shall not disclose the transaction reference number, amount, sender, and beneficiary details to any person other than the intended recipient.
12. Credit confirmation: Once the transaction is credited/ paid to the beneficiary, customer shall be notified.
13. Rejection of transactions: Customer transaction may be rejected by Unimoni (collectively), before or after processing the transaction. Transaction may be rejected on various grounds viz. compliance issues, technical issues, regulatory instructions, mistake in the beneficiary details, etc. The right to reject a transaction is at the discretion of Unimoni (collectively) and the same will be intimated to the customer on his registered mobile number or email address, as the case may be. Reason for the rejection may be disclosed only if the applicable law permits such disclosure. Please refer “Withdrawal/Suspension of Services” given in General terms and conditions, “Clause I point 4” and Cancellation amendments and Refund of transaction amount and commission/ service fee” given below in “Clause IV (A) point 15 to 15.9” for more details.
14. Back-end charges: Unimoni is not responsible for the back end/ service charges imposed by the financial institution associated with the payment source opted by the customer.Back-end charges may be deducted by the financial institution from the payout amount.
15. Cancellationamendments and refund of transaction amount and commission/ service fee: Unimoni is not obliged to cancel or amend any payment made or to be made pursuant to Customer Instructions. If Unimoni agrees to the Customer’s written request for any amendment or cancellation, Unimoni shall be entitled to a reasonable period of time to execute the Customer’s request and shall have no liability to the Customer if such cancellation or amendment is not affected in time or could not be made.
15.1. Any cancellation/ modifications/amendments to a remittance transaction e.g., change in the beneficiary details, shall be made in the prescribed form available with the network branches of Unimoni. Only the Customer can request with the same branch from which the transaction has been made along with the original transaction voucher. In the case of corporate customer, signed request/ mail from the authorized signatory is required for any such modification/ cancellation. Refund/ reissuance based on modification/ amendment/ cancellation will be done only through the branch which has initiated the remittance request on behalf of the customer.
15.2. In the case of cancellation of transaction done through online platform, the request for cancellation should be sent to the mail ID of the Customer care Department of Unimoni Exchange LLC (email@example.com), from the registered mail ID of the customer quoting the transaction details including the 16-digit transaction number. For enquiries customer can also call on +974-44365252.
15.3. Request for cancellation/ modifications/amendments shall be made before the transaction is transmitted from Unimoni.
15.4. Any requests made after transmission shall be subject to the discretion of the correspondent banks whether intermediary or beneficiary and/ or business partners and service providers.
15.5. Where any transaction is credited/ paid to wrong beneficiary due to the customer’s fault in giving the correct bank account number or other beneficiary details, cancellation and refund of transaction amount or amendment of beneficiary details shall be done only after getting confirmation for the same from the correspondence bank, business partners or service provider regarding the amount paid to the wrong beneficiary is reversed and the transaction could be cancelled or amended/ reissued with correct details. Unimoni (collectively) shall not be responsible for the loss or damage of any kind arising out of customer’s fault.
15.6. Any refund of the funds shall take place only in the local currency and at the prevailing market rate or the original transaction rate whichever is lower on the date of refund. As such, a cancellation or other return of funds may involve a reverse currency conversion, and the Customer shall bear any related loss, charges, costs and expenses of any kind resulting from such currency conversion.
15.7. Regarding the transaction through online platform, refund if any, of the cancelled transaction amount thereof shall be made to the same channel which is used for making the online payment of transaction amount.
15.8. Refund of commission/ service charges will be made in full only if the cancellation is due to agent’s fault. Where the cancellation was due to customer’s fault or request, refund of commission/ service charge will be at the discretion of Unimoni (collectively).
15.9. Notwithstanding the above provisions, Unimoni may not be able to make any refund if such action is prohibited or restricted under the Foreign Exchange Laws of the respective country/s.
16. Double payments: Where a transaction, which has been cancelled after transmission and was refunded to the customer based on the customer’s request and responsibility, is wrongly processed by the correspondence bank, business partners and/ or service provider and creditedto the bank account/ paid to the beneficiary, shall result in double payment. In such cases, the customer has the absolute responsibility to indemnify Unimoni Exchange LLC for the loss caused by such double payment.
17. Remittance claims: Claims of whatsoever nature arising out of unpaid remittance transactions and not claimed by the customer within 6 months from the date of the initial remittance transaction would be transferred to a separate account. On completion of 10 years from the date of initial transaction, suchunclaimed amount will be transferred to General Authority for Minority Affairs as instructed by the Qatar Central Bank. Any such claims unpaid will be publicized in at least 2 newspapers before such transfer. Unimoni Exchange LLC shall try to contact the customers, once the transaction is cancelled/ due for cancellationas well as before the transfer of fund on expiry of 10 years.
17.1. To get the refund of a claim at a later stage, customer shall have to submit a formal request in the prescribed format with signaturealong with other relevant documents viz. transaction voucher/ transaction details, valid ID of the customer and such other details which the Unimoni Exchange LLC may require from time to time, on a case-to-case basis.
17.2. Refund would be made after satisfying the genuinity of the claim for refund and the documents submitted, by the customer.
17.3. The amount will be refunded in local currency through our network branches opted by the customer at his/ her convenience.
18. Indemnity: The Customer shall indemnify Unimoni from any and all legal actions inclusive but not exhaustive to claims, demands, charges and expenses initiated by the Customer or any third party arising out of the transaction directed by the Customer.
B. Foreign Currency transactions:A walk in customer both individual and corporate can-do foreign currency transactions through any of the network branches.
1. Currency sale/purchase may be subject to monetary limits, Money exchange regulations and complying with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations. Unimoni takes very seriously its obligations in respect of Money Laundering and the Customers shall take serious note that any suspicious and/or high value transactions will be reported to the appropriate authorities in relevant countries without further reference.
2. Details Required: For FC transactions, details required are currency to be exchanged, amount, purpose of transaction and source of fund. Customer is requested to submit the proof for source of fund e.g., bank statement, bank withdrawal slip, etc.
3. Foreign Currency Notes are bought and sold subject to any regulations by the Regulatory Bodies of the issuing countries.
4. Currency once sold or bought shall be returned only at the prevailing rate of the market.
5. The different exchange rate applied for buying and selling of foreign exchange shall be decided at the counter based on the card rate displayed at branch rate board.There will be different rate for purchase and sale of a foreign currency. Unimoni caters multiple currencies and offers competitive rates for sale and purchase of foreign currencies.
6. The currency exchange rates are variable and are subject to market fluctuations. Unimoni is not responsible and shall not compensate the Customer for any loss occurred due to these rate fluctuations. Unimoni gives no warranties or representations whatsoever in relation to the exchange rates it provides for any transaction and is under no obligation to provide the best or most competitive exchange rates available.
7. Supply of foreign currency coins is not available.
8. The Customer shall verify the authenticity and validity of the notes received before leaving Unimoni’s counter. Unimoni shall not be responsible for any claims upon the customer leaving the counter.
9. KYC details required: Based on the transaction volume, customers have to submit proper supporting documents viz. source of fund e.g., customs declaration, bank statement/ withdrawal slip, etc.,import/ export related documentse.g., bill of lading, invoices, etc., purpose for which currency is exchanged and affidavit where FC amount is above QAR 30,000 as mentioned in Clause IV (B) point10. For Corporate FC transaction, signature of the authorized signatory, company seal and payment mode i.e.cash/ cheque (drawn in favor of Unimoni Exchange LLC) are required. Cheque transactions are permitted only to select customers under the sole discretion of Unimoni.
10. Affidavit for FC transactions: For individual transactions, the customer shall have to sign and submit an affidavit for high volume FC transactions provided the transaction volume exceeds the prescribed limit. For FC transactions the limit is QAR 30,000. This is applicable to all the transactions done through the branches which meet the criteria and the affidavit is available at all Unimoni Exchange LLC branches. Contents of the affidavit are customer name, customer registration number, valid ID details, transaction amount, source and purpose along with the statement regarding the legality of the money used for the transaction.
11. Modification/ reversal of transactions: Transaction for buying/ selling foreign currency may be modified/ reversed at the customer request. The customer can complete the transaction after modifying the details viz.,required currency, transaction amount,etc. or get the refund of the transaction amount and commission thereof. The customer may do any such modifications/ reversals immediately before leaving the branch counter and currency sold shall not be taken back there after. Any loss occurring due to difference in the conversion rate which is beyond the control of Unimoni shall be borne by the customer. Unimoni Exchange LLC has the sole discretion to decide whether the modification/ reversal shall be permitted or not, on case-to-case basis.
V. BUSINESS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Customer name for processing transaction: All transactions processed for/on behalf of the Customer shall bear the same registered name and Unimoni reserves the right to refrain, suspend, withdraw or cancel its Services in case of any such anomalies. In case of any variation or modification to the registration details of the Customer, it is mandated to resubmit the signed and updated documents to Unimoni by the customer. In the case of online customers, modification could be done online. However, OTP shall be sent to the registered mobile no, submission of which would be mandatory for confirming the modification. For corporate, any request for such modification shall be made by the authorized signatory under his signature.
2. Service Fees: Unimoni shall charge a Service Fee as commission for all money remittances/ currency exchange processed on behalf of the Customer. The Service Fee shall vary from service to service. Unimoni reserves the right to change the Service Fee from time to time depending on Unimoni’ s internal policies.
3. Payment: The Customer shall provide the total amount (i.e., the amount to be exchanged or remitted in addition to the applicable commission) before processing the transaction. No credit facility is provided by Unimoni. Cheques or online remittances from a blacklisted bank or a bank under sanctions shall not be entertained by Unimoni.
4. Delay/Non-payment/Underpayment/Non-delivery: Unimoni shall not be held accountable for any delay/non-payment/underpayment/non-delivery due to reasons beyond its control, including but not limited to disruption of its, or banks’ communication systems, including beneficiary bank.
5. Instructions to Unimoni:All instructions to Unimoni shall be signed by the Customer or the authorized signatory (in the case of corporate customers). The confirmation given in the online platform by the customer on various occasions e.g., confirmation of proposed transaction details before processing the transaction, is tantamount to signing the document. Any act or instruction received by Unimoni under the stamp/sign of the authorized signatory of the Corporate Customer shall be considered as instruction from the Corporate Customer. Unimoni shall not be held liable and accountable for malafide acts of the signatory. The Customer shall be solely responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all information provided in the instruction and that Unimoni shall not be responsible for checking or verifying the same and shall not be liable for any losses or damages caused by any inaccuracies, omissions or incompleteness of any information provided by the Customer.
6. Registered Email: The email address provided in the corporate registration booklet shall be considered as the registered email of the Corporate Customer. Various details such as request for the transaction in the prescribed format given in the corporate booklet, shall be sent either printed on the letter head of the corporate or through the registered mail ID of the corporate required for executing a transaction could be sent through the registered email. Corporate instruction to Unimoni Exchange LLC is mandatory for carrying out any transaction and shall not be treated as a substitute for documents supporting the purpose and source of fund. All instructions received via this email address shall be deemed and construed as instructions issued by the authorized signatory of the Corporate Customer. It is the responsibility of the corporate customer to ensure the security and confidentiality of the registered mail ID and to protect from the misusage of any form and other internet-based frauds. Unimoni Exchange LLC shall not be responsible for the misuse of authorized mail ID of the corporate customer and for the loss or damage sustained by the customer because ofexecuting any wrong instruction that may send through the registered Email of the customer.
7. Agency relationship: We are also agents / clients of other money transfer service providers and making available these services to customers as their agents / Clients under their business terms and conditions. If a Customer avails service of those companies through us, the terms and conditions of those companies shall also be applicable for the transfer. Please approach our branches for details.
8. Use of personal information (applicable to online platform): By continuing onthe online application,the customer authorizes Unimoni (collectively) to capture the IP address which may be used to establish the identity of the customer. Customer’s personal details including IP address may be transmitted through a 3rd party system for the purpose of verification and may be shared with any law enforcement agency or any regulating agency.
9. Contacting the customer: Unimoni may contact the customer through phone, email or other means of communication for collecting information required for ensuring compliance to statutory/regulatory requirements and/ or to the internal policy of the company. Unimoni may also contact the customer as part of Unimoni’s customer experience and marketing activities. During the customer onboarding stage, every customer is opted-in by default. However, the option for such communication may be opted out by the customer at the time of his/ her registration with Unimoni or subsequently.
10. Contact us: Unimoni is committed to provide Customer with best service at all times. In the unlikely event that the Customer is dissatisfied with our service or response or to request access to his/her personal information, ask for the information to be corrected or updated or, for legitimate reasons, oppose its processing can contact us by visiting our network branches ormailing to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the Customer Experience Team on +974-44365252. Our Head Office address:Unimoni Exchange LLC, P.O.Box 31645, Doha, Qatar.
11. Complaint redressal: We will deal with Customer complaint promptly and fairly. In case we need more time to resolve the complaint, we will send an acknowledgement to the Customer within 2 working days and send a final response within 8 weeks of the receipt of complaint, with interim responses as the case maybe.
12. Record retention: We maintain records of your transaction history to the extent required under applicable law. Records will be updated on a continuing basis as Transactions are made and received.
13. Restriction on third party right: Nothing contained in this Agreement is intended to confer nor shall confer upon any person, other than the parties hereto, any rights to enforce any term of this Agreement or any benefits or remedies of any kind or character whatsoever, and no such person shall be deemed a third-party beneficiary under or by reason of this Agreement.
14. Data security and integrity: Data security and integrity are the responsibility of both Unimoni and its customers.
14.1. Encryption: We use 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology, the protocol used by all responsible websites on the internet.
14.2. Customer number and login credentials: Login credentials (User ID and Password) are used to uniquely identify the customer during his/ her visit at the online platform or while initiating a transaction. Authentication of credentials during the login process are protected by encrypting the communication link with SSL.
14.3. Network protection: We use best in the industry software to facilitate endpoint security, threat intelligence, firewall and cyber-attack response to prevent all the type of internet and cyber based threats and attacks.
14.4. Data Storage: Unimoni stores the Customer information in secured databases. This information is accessed and used only to fulfill a remittance request or any service-related/ regulatory queries.
14.5. Data back up: Unimoni has its own Data Centre and Data Recovery Centre based in Qatar satisfying the BCP (Business Continuity Plan) requirements of the regulators.
14.6. Record retention: Customer registration and transaction related documents are physically maintained at high security to protect from fire and other related threats and to secure the privacy and confidentiality of the customer related activities.
14.7. Customer responsibility: Following are the sole responsibility of the customer in terms of data security and integrity: –
I. Logon to correct URL site (https://www.unimoni.qa)
II. Maintaining the secrecy of Customer Number and Login credentials (User ID and Password).
III. Any activity in the customeraccount that results from the failure to keep the Customer Number and login credentials secure.
IV. Periodical changing of password.
V. Logout from the user account at the end of each session.
VI. Use of anti-virus and internet protection software and periodical updating of the software, browser, and operating system to protect from internet related frauds including hacking.
VII. Deletion of search history and temporary files from the web browser in the computer/ mobile to protect from intruders.
VIII. Any change or in the registered mobile number/ mail ID shall be immediately intimated. Refer “Contact Us” given in Clause V point (10) above for details.
IX. Checking of SMS and email intimation received from Unimoni regarding the registration/ transaction status. If the same is not initiated by the customer, please immediately contact the network branches of Unimoni or Customer Experience Team. Refer “Contact Us” given in Clause V point (10) abovefor details.
VI. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USING THE ONLINE PLATFORM
1. To access &avail our online platform facility, you must be an individual of at-least 18 years of age who can enter legally binding contracts under applicable law. Customeracknowledgesall the applicable terms & conditions by registering &initiating transaction through us either online or via branch.
2. Customer Registration with UNIMONI can only be activated based on compliance / KYC norms of Qatar.
3. Only remittance service is provided to customers via online platform with the help of service providers.
4. Only remittance service is provided to Resident ID & National ID holders through our online application.
5. Online facility is available only for Resident ID & National ID holders who are physically present in Qatar at the time of executing the transaction.
6. Corporate customer is not permitted to register or avail services offered through our online platform.
7. Online user must have a valid mobile number and e-mail address. Both the mobile number and e-mail need to be verified before availing our service via online platform. You acknowledge that by initiating a Transaction, you are requesting UNIMONI online platform remittance facility to process your Transaction, an offer which the service provider may accept or reject at its sole discretion.
8. Duringcustomer registration an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number provided at the time of registration for completing the registration.
9. The registered user will have to use the login credentials withvalid authenticationto log in to the online platform and for all future transactions.
10. Online facility can be availed by customers only through debit card issued by a bank in Qatar for transfers from Qatar.
11. UNIMONI will process your transaction only after confirming the receipt of your funds to our designated account and will take 2 to 5 working days to deliver the funds to your beneficiary depending upon the delivery option, region and the designated bank mentioned by the registered user.
12. Unimoni do not accept third party payments while making a card payment our online platform. UNIMONI reserves the right not to process your transaction in case of payments through cards using a third party other than you.
13. The Registered User will be responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of ID and password. Registered user is fully responsible and liable for all transactions and activities that occur under the customer number and password including any unauthorized use or misuse of the customer number and/or Password, UNIMONI shall have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any such transaction or activity. In consideration of UNIMONI agreeing to provide the facilities as per the Terms and Conditions, the Registered User hereby agrees unconditionally to indemnify UNIMONI and hold UNIMONI harmless against any liability, costs, damages, claims, suits, and proceedings based upon or relating to such unauthorized access and use. The Registered User agrees to log out from his or her account at the end of each session.
14. The registered user agrees to provide true, accurate, complete, and current information as given in the registration form on our online application and update this information from time to time to keep it updated, complete, accurate and true. If it comes to the knowledge of UNIMONI that the details provided by the user is untrue, inaccurate, not up to date or incomplete or if there is any incongruity, UNIMONI reserves the right to cancel / reject the registration or any pending transactions. UNIMONI reserves the right to request at any time additional documents from the registered user.
15. UNIMONI does not control and is not responsible in any manner for any fees or charges that may be imposed by your financial institution(s) associated with your Payment Source for the use of debit card.